Wednesday 17 September 2008

I've been on a bit of a spree - it's DH's birthday in, like, November so I went and got him this from interobang on etsy. I love it... So if he doesn't like it, it's mine.

Photobucket

It's naughtyhippo's husband's birthday tomorrow, but I only remembered yesterday otherwise I would've bought him a glass eye! He will just have to settle for other, almost equally cool, presents.

I've spent the weekend being Eine Kleine Hausfrau tidying and sweeping and cleaning and washing and ironing. We have given notice on our current place, so we have a month to move out. They are showing prospective tenants around today so last night was also spent in a cleaning frenzy.

Here's a small sneak peak of what I drew in the travelling journal - I got the idea from Rebecca's blog.

Photobucket

In case you can't read that:

I can do the splits every which way!
I really DON'T LIKE PEAS.
I can twitch my nose like a rabbit
I wish I could sing better
I want to drive America in a 1959 Cadillac Coupe de Ville
I live in the city, but I really miss the country

3 comments:

rebecca said...

Excellent! I'm overwhelmed with how many people have done their own version of this, I think it's a really nice exercise to do! Thank you for linking to me too!

Do you find though, that living in the city makes you appreciate the country more :)

flurogoddess said...

I don't think I realised quite how much I loved the country until I'd been living in the city for a few years.

I grew up in the country and always loved it, but longed to live in a city! Funny that...

Nix Muse said...

Hahaha. I did a little dance when I saw the page I looked at just today in the journal. I loved your spread and I loved the polaroid. It made me a little sad though to think about how they are going away for good.